Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Invitation to Friend

Dear Ms. Aaland,

I have written a letter, to inform you that I have finally found meaning in my life. From my recent discovery of the Toucanese Society, known as the “Toucantopia”. I have never felt so intertwined with nature. It is almost as if I am living in the golden age of Adam & Eve, before the serpent came along.

What the utopia lacks in, the people living there gain. There is no technology, pollution, nor feelings of greed and loneliness. The people believe that the core of all the negative feelings people acquire is from their own personal loneliness. Toucantopia provides everyone with a family. There are not individual families to distinguish from because everyone is related to each other. Obviously not everyone is related biologically, but we are inextricably linked through our spirits. Most of the people who have moved here have suffered from divorces, and broken families. Toucantopia is an accepting place that lives up to its motto of “family, love, & nature”.

Coming here, I admit I first had several doubts about living fully dependent on Mother Nature. The Toucanese has proved me wrong, and has made life for me here practical, yet fulfilling. Once a week trips are made to the town for living necessities such as hygiene products, Medicare, etc. Living amongst the canopies in the rainforest provides perfect shade, and sturdy structures for when the rain hits. Traveling through and across the canopies strike me as the most entertaining thrill a person can achieve. Vines are hung around the village, and people of all ages travel by swinging on them to different canopies. Why walk when you can swing?

A typical day includes weaving baskets, in which the women take to the nearest town to sell for money. While the men hunt and collect various fruits and vegetables for the community. Children are educated in survival tactics in the wild, and most importantly, teachers install life lessons in their mind. Life lessons such as treating mother earth with respect, and in turn she will respect you. My circadian rhythm has adapted into the normal bedtime at 12am, and arising at 12 pm.

The one day of the week I look forward to is the big Friday. Friday consists of a huge week, and celebration for the weekend. A huge feast is thrown with a bonfire, and everyone is in a good mood. If you are not going to stay in the canopies, it is imperative you at least attend one of these feasts. The freshest fruits, and meats are available to your expense.
My previous home in New York City, I inhaled smog in my sleep. In Toucantopia, smog is nonexistent. Green leaves, fresh air, and many friendly animals surround you. I can say confidently that even though a day is scheduled for the community, every day works out to be exciting and different in its own way. The air is sweet, like honeysuckle, filling my lungs as I wake up in the morning. It is here, that I have finally found my place of tranquility, and contentment. It is a place where I finally belong.
I strongly suggest you come for at least a visit into this delightful utopia. I guarantee, a visit will surely turn into a permanent stay! If you were to imagine a utopia for a human, Toucantopia will fulfill your fantasies.

Yours Truly,
Ashley Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment