Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Journal Entry #2

Dear Journal,
Today was a very eventful day in Toucantopia. After we woke up I ate breakfast and then went to gather fruit and hunt with the rest of the men. Since today was Saturday, at 3 O’clock I and the other 4 council members went in to town to trade fruits. It was a very successful market day. We were able to trade every bit of the fruit that we have been gathering since last Sunday.
In return for the fruit, the town people gave us clothes, meat, and medicine. After our successful day in the village, I returned home to some bad news. Two of the Toucanese were caught filghting over a local vilage girl. Being a Council Member I was responsible for calling the town into a meeting to discuss the issue, and the boys’ punishments. The decision was made by the people that the two boys (Harry Toucan and Tommy Toucan) must have 10 penalty hunting hours and that they are to be banned from the nightly bonfires for a week.
I can tell after the verdict they were extremely disappointed. I am sure that they have learned their lesson on our no-violence policy. Bonfires are extremely fun for us Toucanese.
Coming from Los Angeles 3 years ago, I would have never imagined living in a place like Toucantopia. From a stressful financing job, to a leader of one big family, I could not have been happier to make this big transition in my life. I am sad to say that I have been divorced, and without children my entire life. After moving here, I was embraced by an entire family who loves me for the way that I am. I don’t think I will ever be lonely again. I love this place.
Sincerely
Bob Toucan
43 years old, 10/27/08

No comments:

Post a Comment